Thursday, April 7, 2011

About Me

So I've been blogging for awhile and I thought I would update my profile because I didn't put much effort into it initially. Well it's stumped me. It asks me seriously difficult questions like
  1. what are my interests
  2. what are my favorite movies
  3. what are my favorite books
  4. write 1200 words or less 'About Me'
What, am I running for Congress or something?  I didn't know what to say. Usually when I get confused about something I start thinking about my blog and how I need to write about it. So I quickly jumped over here to discuss it with myself. So, Susan, what are your interests? What do you have to say 'about yourself'?

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind are all the things I am not. I am not an ex pat living in an oh so much more interesting locale. I am not a high school girl on an exchange program in South America. I am not the owner of a brilliant jewelry shop. I am not a published writer taking daily walks in the beautiful Scottish countryside. I am not falling in love with an Irish bloke in Dublin.

So how do I describe myself? What are my interests? What "About Me"?

Oh it's all so boring I can't even jazz it up. It is so easy to start with I'm a mom, I'm a wife, blah blah blah..i don't want to start with that. I am me before I'm a wife & mom. I like to laugh, but even more I like to make the people around me laugh. I like secrets, but I'm only good at keeping the really important ones, so I like sharing secrets even more. I like seeing the good in people, and overlooking their faults. I don't like being the pot that calls the kettle black. I love to read because I love being swept away to another place and time. I like learning new things, I like seeing old things in a new way.

Alright, I think I finally got a beginning of an answer going. It helps to talk it out.

1 comment:

Delana@dujour said...

There is never anything boring about a good life lived by a good person. End of story. It does help to talk it out, doesn't it?