Wednesday, November 2, 2011

In for a penny, in for a pound

I've been writing about leaving for quite some time now, I just haven't been able to publish until my husband told his family this morning. So I have an overload of posts today.

I set him up on Skype this morning with his sister. Although we've had skype for about 2.5 years now, it is his first time to talk to anyone (he still has a flip phone, BUT he does text!). So this morning, I had him brush his hair and put on a black t-shirt so get ready for his debut. :) He gave her the news and now I can share all these thoughts that have been racing around in his head.




My mom called this morning. Dad told her to read me the morning's news headline. Turns out Tampa Bay is 98th out of 100 as far as job growth goes. Houston is #1 on the list with over 16% growth.

Well shite.

Mom and Dad have the same concerns that David and I have. We are concerned and pray everything will work out for us. I reassure mom this is what we want to do and we aren't jumping in without a thought. We have even discussed an exit plan if it doesn't work out for us.

But we are boldly moving forward with the move. In for a penny, in for a pound.

No comments: