Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Post Thanksgiving

I am sitting at work, eating my leftover Thankgiving goodness, and catching up on my blog reading. Everything I read is making me cry; Celine at Bonjour is sharing a personal moment of utter joy, Aidan at Conjugating Irregular Verbs shares my love of Thanksgiving and tells a wonderful story about Thanksgiving in France, Sara in LePetitVillage started it all with her Thanksgiving story.  I feel like I'm on a roller coaster with all these ups and downs. There must be something in this turkey that makes a person weepy.

As for me and my family, we had a memorable Thanksgiving. It was just the five of us, and we laughed and talked and laughed and I wish someone could've secretly recorded the entire dinner for me to watch over and over. It was that good. A lot of not so brilliant life changing events have happened to us since the last time we sat down to Thanksgiving dinner. We still found much to be thankful for as we took our turns going around the table expressing our thanks to God and one another.

I do need to update my pre-surgery events. I met with my gyn oncologist again on Wednesday. I told her I did not want a particular anesthesiologist for my surgery. He was my husbands anes.on his surgery and I did not like his style. She gave me my directions of things to do and not do before being admitted on Nov.30th. Then I went to the hospital and had a pikk line put into my arm for the surgery. This is a deep vein i.v. they put on the inner (very tender) part of my upper arm and it just sits there until surgery. I had one for chemo, so I knew what to expect, but the tape they put over it itches like crazy, and I can't really take a proper shower because it can't get wet. Then, I met with the ostomy nurse. Thankfully I went fully prepared. I had armed myself with knowledge and youtube videos, so it wasn't an emotional meeting. We were able to talk about the particulars without any emotion getting in the way. (YES, score one for me!) She marked my fat roll with two black X's and covered them with yes, more tape.  She also gave me dvd's to watch, samples to play with, etc.

So today I am at work, cleaning out my office. I've dug up a cassette tape (yes, i've worked here for more than 22 years), a business card when our area code used to be 409 instead of 936, and a picture of my family from 2003 that is a definitely keeper.

This afternoon, I go home and spend the afternoon with my friend photographer while she captures more memories with my gorgeous family.

peace,
susan

No comments: