Wednesday, October 12, 2011

To be or not to be

I called my doctor day. I am waiting for her to call me back. I have an appointment to see her in a weeks time, but I had a petscan yesterday and I know the results are sitting in her office somewhere. It seems that my ability to concentrate is directly connected to the results sitting on her desk; or rather my lack of knowledge concerning the results sitting on her desk.

People are talking to me, about important work matters I'm sure, and I am catching about every 2 out of 7 words. My forehead is creased and I try to look like I'm paying attention.

The receptionist acted like what I was asking is frowned upon. For freaks sake, I'm a grown woman and I need to know how I will be getting on with my life, with cancer or without cancer. Just tell me.

I'll keep you posted. If you watch the news and a receptionist in Houston has been strangled, it wasn't me.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Hi Susan,
How so very cruel, when you MUST have been counting the days to today, that you should have to deal instead with that utter moron of a receptionist and still more waiting.
Don't loose sight of the name yoursef have given to your blog: it's really wonderful, so strong and empowering.
Hang on to that little phrase while you are doing your waiting!

And, most of all, I wish you a result to give utter joy and relief.

Sending you virtual warm hugs from the other side of the pond from deep in the Kentish countryside. Cristina :) XX

susan* said...

Cristina, Thank you so much for reminding me. You are so very right. Also, I am circumventing the doctor and getting my results directly from the imagery center. They should be in tomorrow's mail. :) - susan