Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Think Less. Do More.

I think too much. This occurred to me last night while lying in bed, waiting for sleep to come. I need to think less and do more. I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking and a minuscule amount of time doing.

For instance, I have spent hours thinking about cleaning out my closet, hanging wire racks for my clothes, and picturing the finished closet.  In reality, I'm afraid to open my closet door right now. Seriously, I haven't opened it since I moved into that bedroom. It used to belong to my daughters. I'm afraid.

I spend a lot of time at work thinking about what I need to do when I get home. I need to wash a load of towels, empty the dishwasher, prepare the guest room for our weekend guest. So what did I do last night when I got home? I took a hot bath, spent thirty excrutiating minutes sitting with my hubby watching basketball, watched Castle and went to bed. There I lay, thinking about all the things I didn't get done that day.

Then it hit me: I need to think less and do more. So that has been my mantra today and I have already gotten so much done that I am thinking about having it tattooed somewhere on my body.

No comments: