Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Liam Neeson

I haven't felt much like writing these past few days. I've started a few posts but they are sitting there mocking me as drafts will do. I haven't even kept up with my blog reading as I usually do. But this morning I read the Esquire article with Liam Neeson. Everytime I see him I think of his beautiful wife and how quickly and unexpectedly she was ripped from this world. His beautiful northern brogue played in my head as I read his words. He talked about his motorcycle accident in 2000. He didn't find out until later that the doctors had told his wife he wouldn't live through the night. He told how they argued about it months later:
Darlin', if they told you I wasn't going to last the night, why'd you not get a priest in? I said, I know I'm a lapsed Catholic, but at least give me the last rites, you know? She said, Had I told you, then you would have known that you might be dying.


The article is worth a read.
Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/liam-neeson-0311-3#ixzz1E8tYDlD4
 
But I guess what I want to say is that when he lived through his motorcycle accident, I can imagine the relief they felt about getting through such a difficult time. They probably felt a little safer. Because bad things don't keep happening. They had survived their hardship, now it would be well deserved blue skies from here on out. They had paid their dues. They were grateful for their second chance and they didn't waste it. It brought them closer and their family was stronger. They were in the clear.
 
But they were wrong.

No comments: