Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Limbo

Sometimes I wish I would've had the courage to write about my daily experience after finding out about the cancerous invasion of my body. I found a blog in the stratosphere where a woman did have the courage and although our experience wasn't exactly the same, it is as close as I've found.
http://cervicalcancergirl.blogspot.com/

I sat the other night and read her experience from beginning to end and although it was several years ago for her, it was so very familiar to me. I cried for myself and I cried for her. One of the things about something like this is that people want you to be okay and think that because the cancer is gone (whatever that means) that you are well. The lasting effects from the radiation and chemo are ongoing. It isn't something we feel comfortable talking about all the time, but it is always there.

I am thankful that my family was complete before getting sick.

I find out October 12th if the cancer remains gone. I am trying to be patient about finding out. I've got places to go and people to see and that is the one hurdle that is holding me up.

No comments: