Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flying High

I had a dream last night.
I was flying over my hometown elementary school via a handheld glider. Basically, I was holding two handles in the shape of metal triangles in each hand and a wide ribbon of parachute material that was floating me on the breeze. I was talking to someone on the ground, I don't know who. An old friend from childhood walked up with her young daughter and the other person says to her "I always thought you would make something of yourself" (Implied: You obviously haven't and won't accomplish anything since you have moved back to this hole in the wall town).  As I was maneuvering my homemade hand glider back to earth I said "Don't let where you are define who you will become". Then as I was standing in the parking lot of the elementary school a big gust of wind grabbed my sail and blew me back into the sky. I felt so free.

1 comment:

MMaxwell said...

Girlfriend I struggle to live in this "hole in the wall town". It alters my view of the world and not in a good way. I secretly, (well not so secretly maybe!)plot my get away to another country. When I am done here...I am gonna jump BIG! Catch an air current and come see me when I do!