Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dead Trees and Food Stamps

The big blue New Post button keeps mocking me.

I heard on the radio on the way home today that there is a bill before Congress to stop giving foodstamps to families when a family member is on Strike. It made me want to hurl. First of all, each and every time my husband went on strike, it was for such a short amount of time that filing for foodstamps would have been fruitless. Secondly, the Union helped us pay for our groceries while he was on strike. So what I'm saying is the person is likely on strike trying to negotiate better wages to GET OFF foodstamps that he/she was on BEFORE the strike! I want to slap our politicians when they act so damn stupid.

I've had a lot on my mind this past week. Familial dances, dead trees, treadless tires, and such. I need a haircut. Oh and the paperwork, let's not forget all the paperwork.

So I think to combat all the mental and emotional stress I am going to work in my yard this weekend. Assuming I can get anything done with the two dead pine trees that are now all cut up and littering my yard. The point is, I am going to get outside in the sunshine and do some manual labor. This will no doubt help clear the cobwebs.

If anyone can find my silver cleaner, I would be obliged. I seemed to have misplaced it in the past two weeks.

No comments: