Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ms. Cogar Hyphen Daniels

I'm in Florida this weekend.
I am here for a court date tomorrow morning.
I will get up in the morning, have coffee with mom and dad, put on my pretty peach and brown dress, and tan heels, drive to the courthouse, and make my dad legit.

I don't want to get all mushy and sentimental; but I will tell you that tomorrow will rank in the top five most important days of my life. Just slightly behind the birth of my three daughters, and the day I committed my life to my husband's.

I will finally belong. All the way. No steps, no halves.

I've had several people ask me, "why is it important...now?" I am 43 and my soon to be former step dad has been my dad since I was 2. What difference does it make if he adopts you now.

It's a very difficult question to answer. It is so important to me that my feelings have a difficult time translating to words. Words are inadequate.

In fact I've tried to explain it here and I've deleted several paragraphs that were altogether inadequate. I simply cannot express myself. I will try again at another time perhaps.

Suffice it to say I am getting adopted tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks mom, thanks dad.
I love you both.

xxoo -sue

No comments: