Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Higher Expectations

I went bra shopping today. I don't think it has been that long since my previous bra shopping excursion, but something was amiss. Now I don't normally put my underclothes on in front of a mirror. My husband works the late shift and I am usually dressing myself in the dark before going into the hall bathroom to take care of the hair and other finishing touches in front of the mirror. So today when I stood under the funny lights in the department store, and tried on a dozen bras, I was dismayed to find that my breasts were not exactly where I had left them. That little lean forward I've always done turned out to be a lean and scoop! A lean and scoop I tell you! Oh sure, they looked deceivingly the same once they were firmly tucked and propped in the lace and lycra...I guess I should be glad of at least that...but c'mon! When did this happen? Why didn't I notice this betrayal? I keep hearing that 50 is the new 40 for women. WTFE. this is crap.

No comments: