Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Be Ready

Myself has been slowly slipping away over the past month. I can't put my finger on exactly when it started moving away from me, only that the past two weeks it has been very apparent that I am no where nearby.

I signed up for a retreat this morning. It's a TM retreat NW of San Antonio at the end of the month. I need a tune up. I am very excited about it and can't wait to share with you my experiences and I hope to have myself back by that time.

One of the benefits of TM is learning the difference between your mind and your spirit. When I was younger, I thought my mind was my spirit. Boy, was I dumb. Ha, I ain't like that no more. (one of my favorite Bette Midler songs). It's very beneficial to me when my mind starts talking crazy stupid noisy meaningless garbage to be able to 1) know those thoughts are simply neurons and electrical impulses 2) they are not me, they are not my spirit and best of all 3) I can quiet the thoughts and plug in to my spirit. 

Have you ever heard anyone call the television an idiot box? Truth right there. But sometimes I feel like my mind is an idiot box. It just goes round and round and comes up with nothing but noise. Just noise.

I've started watching an HBO Series called The Big C - hereafter. I watched the season premiere last night and it had so much truth in it that I cried a little bit. I look forward to watching more. Truth is good. Why is it sometimes others can voice our truth better than we can? I mean, I felt those same things, but wasn't able to verbalize it or even write it here in my safe, truth zone. Isn't it interesting that someone else could be holding your truth right now and they and you don't even know it. Not until you hear it in their dialogue, or hear it in their music, or see it in their art, or see it in their eyes. And when you see it, don't deny it. See it for the truth it is and claim it if it is yours. Be ready.

Peace and Love,
Susan

No comments: