Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today I cooked.
It's the first time since March that I've really got my hands dirty in the kitchen. It was great.
I chose Rachel Ray's double dipped buttermilk fried chicken tenders, Rachel Rays goat cheese and dill potato salad, Greenbeans (Outback style), baked beans, corn on the cob, and homemade banana pudding with a meringue top. And because my husband adores banana pudding, I made two.
I've never made a meringue before, so this was fun and everyone loved it. There were nine of us in total and the few who are left are in the other room watching old black and white episodes of the Twilight Zone.

It was a good day and I'm exhausted. Oh, I almost forgot...I cut my hair super short yesterday. It feels great :)

1 comment:

Delana@dujour said...

Two things, Susan. 1. I'd love to see a photo of you with super short hair. I'll bet you look fab. 2. I want your recipe for banana pudding!