Monday, May 2, 2011

King D

I am sitting here eating a hot bowl of rosemary chicken soup. It is so good for so many reasons. It is made with fresh ingredients, a home grown chicken and the love of a friend. It was heated up by my husband and it is now nourishing me beyond belief.

My husband has been driving me every day for my treatments. I talked him in to letting me drive one day, but I haven't been able to do it twice. He drives me an hour there, sits in the parking lot or the lobby for 30-45 minutes, then asks me if I want to eat; sometimes yes, sometimes no; then drives me another hour back home. He is amazing. The day I had chemo, he sat in the parking lot for over four hours.

In the evening, he fixes me something to eat. He asks me how I am feeling, he offers me something to drink.

It seems so simple. But it means so much.

Here is the soup recipe from my parallel friend.
Boil one chopped onion, 3-4 stalks celery, 4-5 chopped up small carrots, 2-3 boneless/skinless chicken breast! Season with garlic salt, pepper and rosemary to taste! Once chicken is cooked I chop them up small or shred add back to soup, with <1 cup of rice> and BAM it's done!!

No comments: