Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crazy

I have been failing miserably on the writing of the words on this here blog business. Apologies all around.
But you know its never pretty if when I have so many rambling thoughts running around in my head and cohesion is hiding in the nether regions of my mind.
Let's see. The supreme court is working on not having to make a decision on the legality of Prop 8, or DOMA, or states rights.
I really wish they would just buckle down and jump the broom.
It's inevitable. There is no stopping it.
Wait, I bet that's what Alice Paul thought in 1923.
And thousands of women, every single congressional session between 1923 and 1970.
And although women have marched for equality for minorities and the lgbt community, they have not given as much effort for their own federal protection of equal rights, and it has quietly gone away. And we've let it. And we wonder why they are shutting down planned parenthoods and denying women access to preventative health care.

I am very glad to be at the front of a three day holiday. I'm looking forward to two days of sunshine. I am going to plant some flowers and such in the yard this weekend. Maybe I'll take pictures for you of the potatoes i'm growing in a pot. yea, it's a pinterest idea that my husband thinks is a bit crazy.

He's a bit crazy. I'm learning how to navigate being married to a man with a grown son. It is very different from being married to a man with three daughters. They joke about boy stuff and I've had to explain how much of the boy jokes are very much unappreciated by the girls of the family. The good thing is that I am able to say that to him, in private of course, and he listens to me. I would give you an example, but it's quite embarrassing. But I simply explained to him that when he says inappropriate things in front of me, it gives others permission to do the same, and that's not okay. Since his brain tumour, I've had to teach him things that he used to know. Like what not to say in front of a lady (that's me).

We are watching American Idol like crazy people. We have a hometown girl in the top 8. Amber Holcomb is from our small town of 2k people. She's easy to get excited about because she is extremely talented. Her mother works at the school my daughter attends. This small Texas town is very excited.

Alright, my crazy husband just cooked me dinner, so I'm going to sign off now.

Have a great Easter holiday.

Peace and Love,
susan

No comments: