Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dude looks like a lady

Just as I thought I would pass away with boredom, my sister arrived to save the day. I picked her up from the airport on Thursday evening, the weather was a warm and breezy welcome for her, as she came from the chilly northwest. She was just here with me in May whilst I was going through chemo and radiation, and now she is here to get me out and about and comfortable with my appliances in public. I've had one incident, while I was driving, and had to pull over and change an entire appliance. This was good for figuring out exactly what I need to carry in the car with me.

We went to the movies last night and saw Tyler Perry's Good Deeds, it was a good movie and I really like Tyler Perry (as a man, not as Madea). Anyway, I think it's really funny when I use a public restroom. I stand like a man to empty my pouch into the commode. I can't help but wonder what the other ladies think, as they can see my feet. I have to say there are a few silver linings to these ostomies;  I never have to sit on a public toilet again (!) and I can sit through an entire movie without having to leave and go to the restroom. :)

We moved my middlest college student home on Sunday. Her lease was up and she didn't want to renew until she knows what her sister wants to do. So she is going to drive back and forth to school for the next 2 1/2 months. Her brother was in Houston on business so he came by to help load the heavy stuff and we all went to eat at the original Ninfa's in Houston.

Moving Crew
The food was amazing and we were all so hungry after all those trips up and down the stairs, hauling boxes, etc. I went home and slept for 15 hours!

Tonight we are going to Houston to listen to live music. It's supposed to get up to 78 today. It's going to be a beautiful evening.

Peace and Love,
susan

3 comments:

Aidan said...

This makes me so happy! You look wonderful. Mom keeps telling me that you're doing great but now I can really believe it.
aidan xo

Delana@dujour said...

This makes me so happy too. Loved the remark about public toilets.

susan* said...

Thanks Aidan, Thanks Delana :)