Saturday, November 24, 2012

Really.

People ask me 'how are you doing?' and they say it in that sincere way that means 'I know you haven't been doing well, so how are you doooinngg?' and I smile and say I'm good, how are you doing? and they ask their question again, 'yea, but how are you really doing?' and I have to say 'really, i'm doing great'.  It's always the same little dance. and when i stop to think about it, it's strange that its always the same rhythym.

I was looking at some pics on facebook this morning and there was a really good one of my brother and his wife and I thought 'I saw him in August, in Tennessee'. This thought got me to thinking about my trip to Tennessee and I suddenly realized how much better I feel now than I did only three months ago. I have tons more energy, I don't feel so creaky in my hips; I have all day energy now!

I had to stop and meditate before the rest of the house wakes up.

Today's centering thought was about letting go of trying to arrange your life. Let go of the need to be right all the time, or to convince others of your way of thinking. We're not just talking religion and politics here; but the everyday stuff. I am going to try really freakin' hard today to live it. Wish me luck.

namaste'
-Susan

No comments: