Sunday, October 28, 2012

Almost as bad as Facebook

Good Sunday Morning :)

It is a cool crisp morning here in East Texas; don't let the sunshine fool you, it is c-h-i-l-l-y out there! I am always awake first on Sunday morning. I like to get a cup of hot tea or coffee, sit down at the computer, catch up on the blogs I like to follow, and now and then even type a few words myself. I've discovered the worst thing I can do, if I want to put words on the screen, is to scroll through Facebook first; if I had any creativity when I got out of bed, Facebook eradicates it. Good Lesson.

What prompted me to write this morning? weird dreams. It has become very commonplace for me to dream about people dying. People I know. People I see almost daily. It isn't usually the main plot of the dream, it's just a happenstance. Then I wake up and I'm freaked out and have to check with that person to make sure they are okay (as if I'm suddenly clairvoyant or something). At least that's how I used to respond, it's old hat now. Which is strange because the first 40-something years of my life I maybe dreamed about death twice.

I am pretty sure it's because I had to think about my own death over the past year. Death isn't such a foreign concept to wrap my brain around anymore; I think that is why my mind doesn't mind going there anymore. Odd.
Talk about odd, last night I dreamed a very tall man, about 15 feet tall, put on stilts to be even taller. Then he tried to kidnap my daughter. She was only three years old in the dream, so I had to save her. Then John Stewart was playing a gameshow that looked like a one person Family Feud, but only the intro. Then he drove a motorcycle into the audience dressed as Evel Knievel. Then Gary from Nike called to talk to my husband and his son about a deal they were putting together. (still dreaming)

Well the house is waking up and I need to put on my fuzzy socks.

Have a great week! Don't forget to buy some good candy for your neighborhood ghouls :)

No comments: