Monday, August 9, 2010

marching to the beat of your own drum

I am sitting here at my computer, listening to the sounds around me, and trying not to think about next week, or next month, or what the next season will look like. My two oldest girls are in the livingroom watching a movie; I smile when I hear them laugh (at what I don't know). The sounds of the marching band practicing are coming over my back fence and leaking through the closed windows. The bass drum I can feel even more than I can hear...it's sound reminding me of new school years past when the girls would be practicing in the heat and getting ready for the Friday night halftime show. They are both leaving to follow their own drumbeats...one to UH and the other to TBI. It will be the first time they are both away from home at the same time. I am scared and excited. For me, for them.

No comments: